Friday 3 August 2012

Sugarpill Sweetheart, Burning Heart, Heartbreaker and Chromalust Review

Right well I am leaving for Florida tomorrow, so I filmed this review of all the Sugarpill products I ordered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJsJDxX9M4
  • Here are some photos! I tried my best to get good lighting to portray the colours accurately. Click to enlarge!
Sweetheart Palette
Burning Heart Palette
Heartbreaker Palette
Goldilux, Magentric
 Swatched on top of Makeup Forever HD Foundation #123.
Mochi, 2AM, Velocity, Acidberry
Poison Plum, Love+, Buttercupcake, Flamepoint
Tako, Midori, Afterparty, Dollipop
Makeup Forvever #92 next to Poison Plum
 Swatched wet on dry skin. Pics of Royal Sugar, Birthday Girl and Tipsy can be found HERE.
Magentric, Goldilux
My decked-out netbook! <3 stickers
  • I definitely recommend wearing a primer with these, as with all eyeshadows. The Chromalusts tend to work better for me when applied wet, but they, like the pressed shadows, also work well when applied on top of a stickier base like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. 
  •  Ladies and Gentlemen, I am in love.
  • BUY... Each palette retails for 34$ each. It is cheaper to buy a whole palette than to get each eyeshadow individually for 12$ (48$ for 4 shadows instead of 34$). Each Chromalust retails for 12$ and contains 5 grams of product. Certain colours may look more full than others because some ingredients are heavier than others and will cause the product to settle.  
  •  PROS (Pressed shadow palettes) 
  •  Great blendability, especially for matte shadows 
  • Intense pigmentation/colour payoff
  • Unique colours for the most part
  •  Cheaper by weight than most popular companies 
  • Good value, product will last a long time
  •  Comes with a mirror 
  • They don't break when you drop them (believe me, I am very clumsy)
  • CONS (Pressed shadow palettes) 
  • A bit heavy because of the mirror 
  • Potential for some fallout of not carefully applied 
  •  PROS (Chromalusts) 
  • VERY unique colour range (I could not dupe a single pigment) 
  • Finely milled and apply smoothly 
  • Can be blended with some work unlike many other pigments 
  • Great colour payoff and texture 
  • Cheaper by weight than most high-end companies
  •  CONS (Chromalusts) 
  • Can spill because there is no sifter, and some extra space in the cap 
  • Potential for fallout when applied dry 
  • So I am incredibly impressed with Sugarpill products. In some cases I will favor other brands, but for my bright phases, I can see myself reaching for these all the time! Have you tried any Sugarpill shadows yet? 
  • Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment